Skip to main content

Ricky Martin is engaged to his boyfriend, Jwan Yosef

On today's episode of the Ellen DeGeneres show, Ricky Martin announced that he is engaged to his boyfriend of 4 years, Jwan Yosef.
"He's a conceptual artist and I'm a collector. I started looking for art and I saw his art and I went crazy because I really love what he does. Really original," Martin gushed. "And then I contacted him."
"And then you collected him," Ellen DeGeneres joked.

"We just got engaged," Martin announced. "I'm sweating!"

Explaining how he proposed, he said
"I got on my knees and I took out the little metal box. I just had it in a little velvet pouch and instead of saying, 'Will you marry me?' I said, 'I got you something!' Bad," "Then he was like, 'Yes.' I said, 'I want to spend my life with you,' and he was like, 'What is the question?' 'Would you marry me?' That's it."

He said it took 30 minutes for Yosef to say "yes."

Comments